About Capital Cafe
Capital Cafe—located in Grainger Hall—has introduced a whole new menu of made-to-order sandwiches and salads and we're celebrating! The restaurant specializes in quality ingredients for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a wide variety of coffee and tea. Everything from a cup of coffee to an iced mocha is brewed with Peet’s Coffee & Tea®.
Fall & Spring Semester Hours
Monday - Friday: 7am - 7pm
Made-to-order sandwiches & salads available 10:30am - 2:30pm
NEW! Flatbread Pizza available 3 - 7pm
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
Capital Cafe is closed on holidays.
- Capital Cafe Gift Card
- Union Gift Card
Capital Cafe Pick-Up Services
Our pick-up services provide meetings and small events with breakfast, lunch and snack items from Capital Cafe.
Questions? Please visit the FAQ page for more information.
How to Order
- We require a 24-hour notice for breakfast.
- Lunch orders must be received by 8:30am to guarantee lunch delivery
- Lunch is delivered to your meeting or event from 11:30am – Noon
- Orders are available for pick-up from 7:00am – 2:00pm. Please specify time when you place an order and select the pick-up options.
Packaging for Delivery
Sandwiches and bakery items will be on disposable trays or individually wrapped based on the size of the order.
Soups and salads will come in individual portions with appropriate napkins and utensils. In an effort to cut unnecessary waste in Madison’s landfills, we will ask about your needs for utensils and napkins at the time of order.
- Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
- Capital Cafe Gift Cards
- We do not accept personal checks or University purchase orders
Any phone or online order must be prepaid by credit or debit card. Orders placed during the complimentary delivery period must be prepaid.
We do not delivery to classes while in session or areas where food is prohibited.