|CALL for PROPOSALS|
|The University of Wisconsin System|
Office of Professional and Instructional Development (OPID) 2015 Spring Conference:
"Contemplative Pedagogy: A Confluence of Teaching and Learning"
April 16-17, 2015 - Heidel House, Green Lake, WI
|Proposals due Monday, October 6, 2014 11:59 pm, Central Standard Time|
|UW System faculty and staff are invited to submit proposals for OPIDís Spring Conference: Mindful Teaching: Inquiry, Connection, Sustainability, and Creativity, April 16-17, 2015. The Conference is being co-sponsored by OPID and the UW System Administration Office of Academic and Student Affairs.|
The 2015 OPID Spring Conference will bring together approximately 200 faculty staff and students across many disciplines to demonstrate the UW Systemís commitment to excellence in teaching and student learning. The conference will provide a forum to recognize, acknowledge, and share the expertise of faculty and academic staff who excel at teaching, value learning, and are committed to sharing their experience, knowledge, practice, and scholarship with colleagues. The intentional relationships among mindful teaching, scholarly assessment of student learning, and inclusive and diverse learning environments will be a foundation of this event.
We are inviting proposals for workshops, panels, and poster sessions. We strongly encourage collaborative proposals from students with faculty/staff sponsorship, especially in the undergraduate research category.
All sessions must be designed to be interactive and should include a description of how the presenter intends to engage participants.
Panel sessions are particularly appropriate for topics that benefit from multiple perspectives, including disciplinary, institutional, and national perspectives. The goal for panel presentations is to provide panelists and audience members the opportunity to exchange insights, engage in discussion, and learn from each otherís research and experiences.
Concurrent session workshops offer an opportunity for hands-on work on a Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL) question, topic, or research method. A limited number of these 90-minute workshop slots are available during the conference, and we hope these will provide a highly interactive alternative to presentations and papers, demonstrating effective practices in pedagogy.
Poster presentations will be a central component of this conference and the 2015 conference will showcase posters in a space that allows a large number of participants to engage with each poster presenter. We therefore especially invite proposals for posters that take up important and timely topics related to the conference tracks.
Poster presentations are particularly useful for presenting emerging work and preliminary attempts at SOTL, but may also be an excellent means of engaging in detailed dialogue about completed projects. OPID will provide the backing boards and other materials for displaying the posters.
Proposal* categories include:
* Proposals that include a focus on inclusivity and diversity are especially welcome across all proposal categories.
- SoTL or Scholarly Inquiry into Student Learning including but not limited to: Inquiries into Teaching and Learning, The Role of Students in SoTL, Disciplinary Approaches in SoTL, Leadership and SoTL
- Contemplative Pedagogy or Mindfulness in Teaching and Learning including but not limited to: Techniques and Evidence-Based Practices, Disciplinary Approaches to Contemplative Pedagogy, Theoretical Issues, Faculty Development Approaches
- Lesson Study including but not limited to: Reports of Lesson Study Project results, Disciplinary Approaches, Leadership and Lesson Study, Faculty Development Approaches
- Online Learning including but not limited to: Innovation and New Approaches to Online Learning, Building Community, Assessment of Student Learning, Blended Learning Approaches
- Undergraduate Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity including but not limited to: Effective Pedagogy, Disciplinary Perspectives, Effective Assessment of Student Learning, Institutional Strategies and Leadership
The Planning Committee for the 2015 OPID Spring Conference looks forward to an exciting statewide conference focusing attention on the outstanding accomplishments and commitment of faculty, instructional staff and students throughout the University of Wisconsin System.
- Proposals will be accepted online: October 6, 2014
- Proposal notifications: November 6, 2014
- Participation confirmation due from all presenters: December 12, 2014
Enter Your Proposal Submissions
If you have trouble accessing content within this site, please contact the Webmaster. Copyright © 2014