About Memorial Union
The Wisconsin Union is one organization comprised of two buildings—Memorial Union and Union South.
Opened on October 5, 1928, the Memorial Union sits on the shores of Lake Mendota between Helen C. White Library and the Armory (Red Gym). This building is most recognized for its classic architecture and bright green, orange and yellow starburst Terrace chairs.
The Memorial Union is used by UW students, faculty, staff, Wisconsin Union Members and the Madison community for a variety of social and educational activities.
Activities in Memorial Union
This historic building is home to the following services and activities: